Douglas is seen in steam on the 24th April 2005 © J.James

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Conwy Valley Railway 7 inch

The Conwy Valley Railway first opened around 1974 and is situated adjacent to the mainline station 'Betws-y-Coed', in what was the goods yard for the station. The railway was originally run by Allan Pratt and Geoff Oughton and was taken over by Colin Cartwright in 1983. The line is a 950 yard long dumbbell with the 2 loops interlaced. There is also a museum which has many exhibits including a scale 15" gauge Britannia locomotive. On site there is also a 15" electric tram which was added in 1989 and a battery drive it yourself engine.

Address: The Old Goods Yard, Betws y Coed, Conwy, LL24 0AL
Telephone: 01690 710568
Operator: C.Cartwright
Line Length: 1950 yards, Dumb-Bell
First opened: c1974
Website:
Conwy Valley Railway Website

Locomotives

No
Name
Type
Builder
Built
402
Shoshone
2-8-0
Milner Engineering
1977
407
Old Rube
2-8-0
Milner Engineering
1983
 
Douglas
0-4-2T
P.Frank
2004
6641
4-4wPH
R.Greatrex
1990
7
 
S/O 4wBER
Parkside
1995
 
Gwydir Castle
4w-4wPH
P.Zwicky Ross/CVRM
2004

 

 

 

 

 

 

Opening Times: Daily throughout the year (except Christmas & Boxing Day) from 10am - 5pm. Trains from 10:15am - 4:30pm.

Fares: Train ride £1.50, Tram ride £1.00, Museum £1.50 Adults, 80p Children & Senior Citizens.

 

CVR Page was last updated on the 4th January 2011 with opening times and fares updated

© 2012 Copyright - Miniature Railway World, All Rights Reserved.

Please do not use any content from Miniature Railway World, without prior permission from the Miniature Railway World team.